Saturday, June 09, 2007

KK

Thank you Angie!
I think I am one of the few that have not tried the famed donuts at Raffles City, apparently it's good enough the give KK a run for their money. Strangely, the best donuts are still the ones I had as a student in Sydney, on our hour long break from the stale biochemistry lab while waiting for our proteins to run through gels. I always had 3 small donuts coated with cinnamon sugar, together with hot chocolate. They were always freshly made and served piping hot, crispy on the outside and fluffy cotton soft on the inside. Unlike alot of the donuts now, the texture was robust and substantial, not the airy fairy melt in your mouth type.

I must go back for a visit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you get three? how come i only get two?

sideshowjo said...

wasn't it 3? You mean it was only 2? My memory is bad! I was trying to remember the name of the shop, then it hit me last night...Donut King. Gawd I really miss that place!