Friday, February 23, 2007

Stress Induced Actions

Whenever it is the height of exam season (which is very often with this accelerated programme), I'll take a pair of scissors and crudely chop off my fringe, obviously in a fit of uncalculated frustration. I often fail to see the asthetic consequences of my actions during the cutting, and suffer for the next few post exam weeks when personal preening, make-up and clothes matter once again. Of course this barbaric act is downright obscene to my prim and proper cheongsam wearing mother, but she has learnt to realise that grades and mental well-being matter more than an unhappy daughter having to deal with revision and one of the 3 fringe related senarios:
1) The flipping and holding of fringe away from eyes with one hand while the other flips pages
2) Stray bits of fringe that miraculously unravel their bastard selves from under the pins to flick about on one's forehead when the fan flows
3) The headache generated from the wearing of hairbands no matter how loose the hair accessory is. Senario 3 also includes the same stray bits of bastard hair.

Miraculosly, when I permed my hair 2 years ago, I seldom had these fringe problems, because the hairstylist had cleverly flicked and permed the fringe away from my eyes. Very Farah Fawcett I know, but hey, whatever works! I think it's time to dig deep into my angpow stash and get this sorted. Then again, having money for good food vs fussing with hair, that's always been the issue hasn't it?

Ah. Maybe I should just do a Britney Spears.

No comments: