Monday, January 22, 2007

Treats from Sideshow Jo

It was a matter of time before I eventually shut down the old blog, old memories printed and bound, a (mostly politically correct) chronical of life beginning as a postgrad, 2003. Yet the joy of typing away with reckless abandon to an audience of none, most days, is inexplicable.

2007, and embarking on the next phase of my life, with interests that have been cultivated post formative years. I have decided that not everyone needs to know about the journey to medical school, about my struggles as a flawed individual, my insecurities, fears and relationship ups and downs. I realised that the old blog was getting very diluted and, dare I say, preachy and boring. So with that in mind, I have decided, life as an open book is reserved for loved ones and close friends, and life in the virtual realm will be about interests, you know, things that make you go... "Oh Yeaaaah!"

What am I passionate about? Well, food and hosting good parties, anatomy and the macabre, anything handcrafted and whimsical AND garden gnomes. Well off the top of my head, those are the things that would really make my day. So seeing as how I have been gifted a Pistachio Kitchenaid mixer and an Andy Warhol apron for Christmas, join me on my journey as I attempt to adapt the Domestic Goddess's recipes into healthier offerings, because, bless her, her recipes help craft the most divine offerings, but the fat content is enough to send Sideshow Jo into cardiac code blue.

This is the quest for the perfect breakfast muffin, high potassium, low glycemic index buns as pre-gym food for Dezzo and every conceivable sweet treat my hips will allow for. Quoting the Domestic Goddess herself:

"We are well on the way to Gorgeousness"

No comments: