Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Daughter, Wife, Friend, Housemate


Sharon Yu Shang Boesch-Chua

24th September 1977 to 19th January 2007


Dear Sharon,

I'm so sorry that I was never the friend you were to me, that I sometimes let you down, that I failed to keep in constant touch, that I forgot to record that one episode of Charmed for you which resulted in our first and only fight, that I made you worry a little too much, that I made a constant mess in the kitchen, that the rabbit chewed through our TV cables.

I want to tell you that I could have never survived 1st and 2nd year if it was not for your constant support, your pep talks, your love, your patience, your generosity. You always had me in mind, got me my first part-time job in Sydney, came to meet me for supper after work when I was down. I will miss the times we spent grocery shopping, playing with our neighbourhood cat, watching trashy TV, going to the olympics together, to Canberra. You were always so kind and thoughtful towards my friends, your friends, of which some took you for granted, of which I am guilty of too.

I am happy that you found happiness with Garrett, that you got to travel the US for a whole year and lived in the land you so longed to escape to. Sharon you were too young to go, and you caught us all off guard, but I know you bravely fought with all your might. I can never tell you how much you actually mean to me, but I hope you know, I hope you hear me, can you? I will miss you very very much and look back on days spent with you fondly. Be at peace now, there is no more pain.

I Love You Girl,
Jo
xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a chance to know Sharon. We lived, played, and laughed together. I only met her two and a half years ago in Guam but I knew she was a person I would know the rest of my life. She was a great person and even better friend. I hope she lives in you as she does in me. :)
Karina Acuña

theteachersguide said...

Gosh. I just realised Sharon has passed on in the papers yesterday. We were friends in college but lost touch. What happened?

Jonathan said...

I just found out about sharon through facebook. i havent seen her in years. we were prety good friends but lost touch after i moved back to the states.. I cant believe it. I will miss her.