Saturday, January 27, 2007


I LOVE dairy in every conceivable form. Milk, Cheese (Of the safe milky creamy variety, the pungent french cheeses taste like prawn paste to me), Chocolate (Milk, White, Dark not so much), Creams (Single, Double, Whipped, Powdered), Ice Creams. Give me a serve of diary and I'll go weak in the knees. My all time favourite diary product however, has got to be yoghurt, and this love is shared with most in my family. My mother has plain set yoghurt every morning topped with a choice of jam from her ever growing jam collection, or sometimes (Horrors!) Marmalade. I am, unlike my mother, a little less refined and like mine with really cheap runny honey which you can get from NTUC or your friendly neghbourhood convenience store for less than $2.50 a bottle, none of that expensive Manuka honey nonsense that she tries to slip into my bowl in the mornings (although Manuka honey on it's own has been a very good alternative therapy for everyday sore throat and gastic issues). We have been buying Paul's full fat set yoghurt the past couple of months and I have to say, Australian dairy made products are really quality produce. Paul's is beautifully creamy, rich, goes down easy and doesn't leave a bitey aftertaste in your mouth. I can eat a third of the 900g tub and not feel sick after. Of course you can be really elaborate and have ganola and fancy fruits like berries or bananas even, on top of the honey, I however find alot more joy in simplicity.

No comments: