Friday, July 25, 2008

News!

I am finding it very difficult to eloquently express the stew of emotions I am feeling at the moment but I think one can pretty much surmise the wreck that I am from the first page of this letter.

I am oscillating between squealing like a banshee on crack and crumbling like bits on a cookie tower sundae.

Elated and heart broken.
Relieved and scared out of my mind.

After some soul searching, have decided to send off the acceptance, along with the big fat mutherf**ing bank draft. For the love of God! Does it cost that much to learn how to insert IVs and administer paracetamol? Soon you will all be barraged with useless medical school stories and the various methodical methods of shooting up caffeine and eventually, painless suicide. The joy!

All systems go from here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

UQ. Nice! If you want to stay in college, I recommend my alma mater, St. John's College. Beautiful days, those. :)

ring-a-ding-a-ling said...

I m so thrilled for u Dr Lo!!! Well done babe =)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS!

=)))))))))))

am soooooooooooooo happy for you! can i visit?

Anonymous said...

Fantastique! My heartiest congrats to you, soon-to-be-Dr Lo! :)

sideshowjo said...

G: Oi! I blacked out the location for a reason :p I dunno, the thought of going back to undergrad halls is a rather unattractive. Thinking of postgrad self catered ones, any excuse to lug ol' pistachio over for weekend baking. heh

Ling: Thank you doll, though hold off on the Dr. for now. Who knows, I may get the boot after 6 months!

Trina: Please come! :)

Icono: Thank you, it's been a long journey.

Lei said...

Congratulations, babe!

Am soooo happy for you! Go for it. Long journey, but definitely worth it =)

sideshowjo said...

Thank you Badger! :) I'll be old and poor.