Tuesday, May 13, 2008

uh oh take photo

“Are you bringing your Lomo to Bangkok?”

“Ya, but the bastard is temperamental.”

I don’t know what to take with me on holidays these days, not that the options are plenty:

1 old IXUS 500
1 temperamental LOMO LCA
1 panoramic Olympus Filem camera

Back to the whole camera thing, I should just get myself a digital SLR. But the technicalities! f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, aperture priority, Jesus, can’t they just make a simple camera for lazy idiots like myself?

Instead of having to f-stop down or up, replace it with a scale from 1-10, with 10 being ‘Make hole super bigger, let many light in’, 1 being ‘Make hole very small, let little light in’.

Instead of shutter speed, have a dial allowing you to control if you want ‘Open longer!’ or ‘Open shorter!’

What’s with all these fractions and decimal points? INTEGERS people! Integers! Big and small, less and more! Simple!

Okay I know...just have to hunker down and learn it all, yet another thing to learn.

No comments: