Monday, April 07, 2008

The 2nd Quarter

April is when I will get to stay grounded in Singapore for an entire month, I am absolutely looking forward to it.
Everyone in the office has been stretched really thin this first quarter and things are not letting up in the second quarter.
I just hope this equates to a BIG fat bonus and some other incentives. Ha. Like that would ever happen.

SEOUL
Work wise: 6 days of absolute torture! The two lasses I was with kept my sanity in check, them and the dinners we had, beer and shoju (sake equivilant). The one night that was particularly difficult for me was when we were holed up after the madness of the day, sleep deprived, cold and hungry, collating 1000 meeting folders by hand. I had to dig deep for inner strength. This trip was also the one trip when I blew up at a poor AV technician who was caught in the crossfire of the mini war I was having with his manager. I have always promised myself that fuck ups and emergencies on site can be dealt with with grace, integrity, compassion and fortitude. My tolerance threshold for 'rolling with the punches' was however, breeched this time round, and I only remember getting really hot and light headed and repeating "This is not acceptable!" a few times over.

I will not let this happen again.

Play wise: Lump came up for 5 and a half days for a bit of play after a month of busyness on both our ends and we explored Seoul in 3 and a half. These will be written over the next few posts, because the individual experiences are deserving of an entry each. Wow wee. Oscar the Octopusss, I will do your death justice and write of your legacy!

Best memory of SeoulSteaming hot bowls of Nong Shin noodles with one egg cracked in eaten on a particularly cold night, in a make shift street side hawker tent with my most favourite person.

Now, THAT is what it's all about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This is not acceptable!"

Tee hee... that was scary and funny at the same time :P

sideshowjo said...

Raaar! Steven the little git!