Sunday, February 10, 2008

Progress

The advent of the internet allowed for the beauty of the online version of the academic journal archiving system of today, I remember when I was in uni, considerable amount of my time was spent surfing and looking up relavent journal articles for assignments (what was it, a mininum of ten journal articles for a 8 page laboratory report?), sometimes having to read 30 journals and then skinny the information down for a literature review or presentation, in retrospect, a process I rather enjoyed.

My current job requires me to look up scientific journals on occasion and it brings back fufilling bits of university when hard work translated to good grades, of course things are very different in the working world, where hard work, alas, is not directly proportional to rewards, anyway I digress. I remember a university lecturer recounting to the class how tedious it was for him as a medical student 20 years ago, where they had physical directories of journals, an essential tool if one needed to locate a journal article among the rows and rows of bound journals. A time consuming, painful process he said, a memory of university he rather not take with him.

I am to lazy to continue writing this as I am craving for ice-cream!

Aiyah, the gist is, online journal archiving system rocks!

Oh, and God bless the internet.

ok bye

No comments: