Sunday, July 22, 2007

The next chapter

Been out of action since I resturned from Cambodia. Now if it was food poisoning from the various coconut laden Fish Amok I stuffed my face with in Siem Reap I can accept, it was however the putrid tuna foccacia I had at the airport pre budget airline flight that did me in, coupled with mild flu, which resulted in the bastard marriage of food poisioning + flu. Not fun at all. Anyway that's all over and done with, finally.

Moving on.

In 2 weeks, after a 19 month hiatus, I will rejoin the work force proper. I am just very happy to once again be a CPF contributing citizen, paying taxes, playing my part in building the nation. Ah! Bullshit! I just want to buy shoes, hangbags, clothes, buy my family nice meals, buy lump and friends nice things, be able to pay bills via GIRO once again and not have to live on a meager and irregular freelancer's pay. It has been a humbling experience, one that forces you to learn and grow as a person, but as anyone who has up and left to study in the midst of a career climb can attest, it is not the most financially and lifestyle friendly of situations. Those days are over, for now, bye bye 3 O'clock cat naps, you were really one of my greatest pleasures.

No comments: