Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I just had the most glorious hotel experience to date and I am still withdrawing from the entire experience. I will get round to writing a comprehensive post on Hotel De La Paix and Siem Reap over the weekend. Cambodia is still recovering slowly and the place is poor as poor can be. There were constant sights that completely broke my heart everyday from landmine victims to a forlorn dog with half his lower bowels hanging out from his anus to children sitting on the ground from dawn to dusk begging. After a major breakdown on the first day, the reality of being in a third world country set in. I realise that I am alot more insulated than I think I am. It isn't just about putting a few dollars in the begging bowl or providing momentary comfort, I have to see the bigger picture and realise that help is possible on a broader, more sustainable scale.

See, Feel, Act

No comments: