Saturday, June 23, 2007

I am emotionally, in a very dark place right now. After reclusing for a few days, I decided to pick myself up and channel my issues into exercise and fitness. I usually put aside exercise when mugging season rolls by, which is actually a very unhealthy practice as we all know that an active body begets an active mind. It seems that my fitness is truly congruent with moods and the ability to keep my emotions in check, on top of that, it helps me to undergo a change in mindset. Pounding away on the treadmill is emotionally cathartic, and I have to say, it is helping. Adrenaline is my friend.

2 comments:

Erlin said...

Have you tried Yoga? You get the adrenaline without the sweat! It's the best exercise. I should kick my own butt and do it more often. heheh

sideshowjo said...

Hey Erlin! Yes I have, did it quite regularly for about 8 months, but saluting the sun to zen music didn't quite do it for me. Tho I have to say I could see the nice line down the middle of one's abdomen during that period. That line has now disappeared for good :p I think I'm a more rough and tumble kick boxing type.